The NHS Chronic Medication Scheme service is for people who take multiple medications on a regular basis, for the treatment of a chronic condition or several conditions, such as diabetes, asthma or high blood pressure.
If you feel you could benefit from a review of your medication you will find the meeting with the Pharmacist relaxed, helpful and informative.
An NHS Chronic Medication Scheme Review is an ideal opportunity for both you and a pharmacist to discuss your overall medication needs in a friendly and informal way in a private consultation room within our pharmacy.
We will chat about
- The medicines you are taking
- What they do
- How well they work for you
- How to get the most out of them
Medicines work in different ways
- Some are taken before you eat to allow them to get into your system quickly.
- Some won’t work properly if they are taken with certain foods and herbal remedies or with other medicines.
- Some medicines must be taken with or after food because they may otherwise irritate your stomach.
- Some should not be crushed because they need to be released into your system slowly, and crushing them could allow them to get into your system too fast.
After a review we may find that certain medications are no longer required or that they should be taken at a different time of the day or perhaps in a different way.
To book an appointment for a free NHS Chronic Medication Scheme Review speak to our Pharmacist or contact us online or by phone.